Each semester we offer the opportunity for teachers to complete single units from the Graduate Diploma of Home Economics Education (22445VIC). This is valuable for those teachers wishing to undertake accredited professional learning related to a particular subject but without committing to the entire course.
Upon successful completion of a unit, you will receive a Statement of Attainment.
The following units are offered:
- VU22279 Manage classes in practical home economics contexts
- VU22280 Teach food studies
- VU22282 Develop and promote home economics practice
- VU22285 Apply skills in the science of nutrition
- VU22281 Teach healthy eating knowledge and skills
- VU22283 Promote health
- VU22284 Teach human development
- VU22286 Apply family and consumer resource knowledge
To enrol in a single unit, go to the Professional Learning Calendar on our website.
Should you wish at any time to enrol in the Graduate Diploma of Home Economics Education and complete all eight units, we would require an application together with the application fee. Please note that a mandatory requirement for successful completion of the Graduate Diploma is a teaching practicum component of 88 hours.
More information about the Graduate Diploma of Home Economics Education is available here.
Home Economics Victoria is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) 21603.